The Group Therapy Program for Addiction Treatment at Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire
Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire has full-service inpatient and outpatient addiction rehab centers for those struggling with substance use disorder in New Hampshire. We offer the full spectrum of care from inpatient to sober living. Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire recognizes the connection between substance abuse and trauma. Our team incorporates a trauma-informed approach to the disease of addiction. The Antrim House and the Lakes Addiction Treatment Center of Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire is our residential inpatient and outpatient PHP and IOP addiction treatment facility in New Hampshire. Throughout the individual’s stay at the Antrim House, our residents receive therapeutic treatment for their substance abuse issues at several levels of care. They can then continue with another group therapy program at our outpatient Lakes Addiction Treatment Center in Laconia, NH.
The Different Levels of Outpatient Care atSobriety Centers of New Hampshire
Our highest level of outpatient care. Our Partial Hospitalization Program in New Hampshire consists of 25 hours a week of our group therapy program and one hour of individual therapy each week.
The IOP Addiction Treatment Program can be between 9 and 15 hours each week of our group therapy program with one hour each week reserved for an individual therapy session.
Our final level of care. The OP addiction treatment Program is made up of one hour each week for individual therapy and one hour of our group therapy program.
We take great pride in what the team at Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire provides to our residents:
A safe and structured environment, where they can embark on a new journey of self-discovery through service and education.
As our residents begin their journey free from addiction to a newfound healthy lifestyle, they will participate in group therapy sessions aimed at a variety of topics that they will find invaluable in their recovery from addiction going forward. Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire’s group therapy program utilizes proven techniques and therapeutic modalities to help our residents build upon their individual strengths, develop new skills, and establish healthy routines.
The Group Therapy Program at Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire
A large component of our approach to providing help from drug and alcohol addiction in New Hampshire is to deliver structured group therapy. At Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire, we find that a Group Therapy Program allows individuals the ability to share experiences with others who are dealing with similar issues. Group Therapy allows our residents to know that they are not alone in their struggle with addiction. The Group Therapy sessions offered mainly consist of 5 types of groups: Psychoeducational groups, Cognitive-behavioral Therapy groups, skills development groups, support groups, and interpersonal process groups. The topics of each of these groups will differ week to week but the core ideas are the same.
- Psychoeducational Groups – These groups educated the residents on topics such as anger management, trauma, conflict resolution, the relapse process, neurobiology of addiction, health and wellness, and family systems.
- Cognitive Behavioral Groups – These groups will focus on building new skills, help develop effective anger management techniques, tools for relapse prevention, and thoughts in early recovery.
- Skills Development Groups – These groups work on developing the techniques to apply what is learned in the Cognitive Behavioral Groups as well as life-skills development and meditation techniques.
- Support Groups – These groups provide a safe space for the participants to discuss certain topics and give feedback to others. Some Support Groups include relapse prevention, trauma, and gender-specific groups.
- Interpersonal Process Groups – these groups are similar to Support Groups, but they allow for participants to not only provide feedback on the topic but also examine the reactions and feelings of others who share in the group.
Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire’s Antrim House practices a holistic approach to recovery, addressing the mind, body, and spiritual wellness.
As such, we also offer several specialized groups for our residents such as music therapy groups, art therapy groups, SMART Recovery, and groups that explore 12-step modalities. The team at Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire believes that the incorporation of a holistic approach with clinically proven methods that allow us to direct a highly effective treatment for those struggling with substance use disorder in New Hampshire. By participating in our group therapy sessions, our residents will gain knowledge that they are not alone in their fight against addiction and find like-minded individuals who seek recovery from drugs and alcohol as a support network in early recovery.
If you are interested in learning more about Sobriety Centers of New Hampshire’s Antrim House or learning more about Group Therapy at SCNH, call (603) 808-0185.